Information about the CSN student grant
What is needed to get a student grant from CSN?
- You must be a Swedish citizen - special rules apply for foreign citizens.
- The studies should involve at least 3 weeks of full-time teaching *
- You must have basic qualifications.
- You must have been registered as living in Sweden for the last two years and not be more than 50 years old.
* Full-time studies consist of at least 20 hours per week. Courses of less than 20 hours/week are eligible for a student grant if the course is delivered by a university, and is considered to be a full-time course.
Which schools are approved for study grants?
Almost all of our schools in Spain are accredited by CSN. You can easily see which schools are CSN accredited on our map.
How long can you get a student grant for?
You can usually get a student grant for a maximum period of 12 semesters in total. If you plan to keep on studying in Sweden you must pass an examination at the end of the language course and attend at least 80% of teaching.
How much money are you entitled to?
Please contact CSN to be sure.
How to apply?
Application for a student grant to study abroad is made via the form 5501 "Ansökan om studiemedel för studier utomlands" (Application for student grant to study abroad) , you also need the form 5511 (Spanish). Read more about what you should send with your application. There is no need to apply for the student grant before you have the information needed to fill in those forms, so start by booking your language course with us!
Do you need more information?
Visit the CSN web page for more information about studying abroad, or call the International office of CSN on 0046-771 27 69 00. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Our CSN Accredited Schools
|• Alicante||• Barcelona||• Cádiz|
|• Granada||• Ibiza|
|• Malaga by the Beach||• Marbella||• Nerja|
|• Palma de Mallorca||• Pamplona||• Ronda|
|• Salamanca||• San Sebastian||• Santiago de Compostela|
|• Tarifa||• Valencia|